Hi everyone, the next leader is me.
Please listen to this and think about letters.
love letters to strangers : http://www.ted.com/talks/hannah_brencher_love_letters_to_strangers.html
1. When she was depressed after graduation, what did she do?
2. How is the world where the author’s generation has grown up like?
1. harness (v) : to control and use the natural force or power of something
2. unearth (v) : to find something after searching for it, especially something that has been buried in the ground or lost for a long time
1. Do you have any unforgettable experience about letters?
2. What do you think of using social network services?
Social network services have become very popular, so I think it is meaningful to discuss the effects of them and also those of letters.
I use Skype for international calls without paying any money. And I can easily check out my friends daily lives by flipping through Facebook without asking. It’s quite convenient.
I loved the video so much, I agree totally agree with her opinion. Thanks
Thank you so much guys, I’m glad to find such wonderful opinions here!
I’m looking forward to sharing our attitudes with each other. Thanks!
1. scribble (n) : to write or draw something quickly or without thought, or to make meaningless marks
ex. She scribbled down her phone number and pushed it into his hand.
2. unkempt (adj) : not neat or cared for; messy
ex. He needed a shave and his hair was unkempt.
1. Why wasn’t she allowed to use email, Facebook, or cell phone?
2. Where did she leave the letters? List three examples.
Which do you think better, letters or Facebook? Why?
You chose good vocabularies, and I liked you comprehension question. 🙂
I like your all posts! Thank you for posting such nice ones!
1-Frustrating :making you feel annoyed, upset, or impatient because you cannot do what you want to do.
Ex: My job can be very frustrating sometimes.
2-:Storyteller: someone who tells stories, especially to children.
Ex: He was a great storyteller.
1- Why a lot of people asked her to write love letters?
2- How many words you can write in one tweet in Twitter?
1- Why it’s more meaningful to write a real letter than writing an E-letter?
2- In your opinion, does the real letter has different meaning than E-letters?
Until I was twenty years old, there was no e-mail such thing, or not popular to use. After I started to use e-mail rather than letter, my mail box have been receving only bills. Computer sure changed our life styles.
Your observation is right to the point.
Actually, we totally depend on computers today, so email are much more convenient.
I’d like to listen to all of your opinions. Thank you so much!
Your discussion questions are good!
I’m looking forward to discussing them:)
when i was young, in high school. I always wrote love letter for the person that i like >///<
Your story is good!! It was better to write by yourself than to type texts, I think:)
I wanna listen to the story more. Thank you!
* Vocabularies *
1) clutch v.
hold (sb/sth) tightly in the hand(s)
Ex. He clutched the rope we threw to him.
2) ripple effect n.
a situation in which one event produces effects which spread and produce further effects
Ex. If you give her a rise, it’s sure to have a ripple effect, and soon the whole department will be wanting a rise.
You chose good vocabularies!! These help us to understand the main idea. Thank you!!
* Comprehension questions *
1) Why Hannah thinks that letter-writing won’t be criticized about efficiency?
2) What was Hannah’s a kind of crazy promise which she posed on the Internet?
* Discussion questions *
1) Do you think hand writing rather than texting can improve your writing skill/ability? Why?
2) Do you prefer to write by hand or type with keyboard? Why?
Your questions are interesting for me.
my handwriting is so ugly. hahah
that why i like typing 🙂
Did she against in social network ?
why she wrote a letter and leave it everywhere for ?
Do you use social network to share your opinion or your though ?
What to you think about the person who always share them though on social network? ( like… today i’m so bored … I’m hungry bla bla)
Beneath : in or to a lower position
Unearth : to find (something) that was buried in the earth
: to find or discover (something) that was hidden or lost
Thank you for posting!
I like your discussion questions. These are worth talking about!
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.