Keep your goals to yourself !!!
Thank you for sharing such an interesting article!
Our discussion will be fun for sure.
I liked this video a lot because I watched before and really it’s changed a lot of things in my life.
* Vocabularies *
1) temptation n. : the wish to do or have something that you know you should not do or have
Ex. As a young actress, she managed to resist the temptation to move to Hollywood.
2) gratification n. : state of being pleased or satisfied
Ex. His son’s success was a great gratification to him.
* Comprehenstion Questions *
1) What does “Social Reality” mean?
2) In Peter Gollwitzer’s test, which group felt much closer to achieving their goal?
* Discussion Questions *
1) Do you usually tell someone about your plan or goal?
2) In my opinion, telling one’s goal to someone can be a motivation or pressure for achieving one’s goal? How about you?
I like your second discussion question!
My opinion is same as you.
I’d like to listen to another opinion!
1. Why does telling someone our goal make it less likely to happen?
2. If we do need to talk about something, how should we do?
1. Have you ever experienced a kind of failure after telling someone your goal?
2. What do you think is the most important for you to achieve your goal?
1. ideally (adv) : used to describe the way you would like things to be even though this may not be possible
2, trick (v) : to deceive someone in order to get something from them or to make them do something
As a mom, in my opinion, reminding or encouragement by parents is also important.
I liked your comprehension questions, and you have a good discussion questions too. 🙂
If you have time, I strongly recommend you guys to watch “Ken Robinson: How Schools Kill Creativity”, the most reviewed TED Talk(More than 20,000,000 people watched this talk). This talking is a small part of his New York Times Bestseller-“The Element”- which is I am reading now. Brilliant!!!!!! ^-^*
I have watched the TED Talk before. It was really interesting for me.
Why the guy said you should keep your goals to yourself?
If you have goal who you want to talk with about that ?
Do you think it is matter to keep your goals with yourself ? why or why not?
gratification = The state of being gratified, satisfaction.
Commitment = a promise to give yourself, your money, your time, etc., to support or buy something
I like your first discussion question.
I like your first discussion question too.
I think the condition of relationships decides whether or not to tell, as well as tell to whom.
・In Peter Gollwitzer’s test, which group worked longer?
・If you want to ran a marathon, how should you tell your goal to someone?
・Why do you think people often tell their goal to someone?
・acknowledgement (n) : the act or fact of accepting the truth or recognizing the existence of something
EX: The report is an acknowlegement of the size of the problem.
・substitution (n): the use of one person or thing instead of anothe
When you tell someone your goal what will happen?
When did Peter Gollwitzer write his book?
In your opinion, is it much better to tell someone close to you about your goals? Why? Why not?
What makes people think that I have to tell someone about my goal?
Substitution: when someone or something is replaced by someone or something else
Ex: Coach Ross made two substitutions in the second half.
Satisfied: pleased because something has happened in the way that you want.
Ex: a satisfied smile
In my opinion, sometimes, by telling your goal to someone else, you can get valuable suggestions, opinions and more information from others.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.